Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dear God

Dear God
For the past couple of days I have been in sort of a slump. Every so often I feel down and I can't explain this feeling. Sometimes I feel that I am not fulfilling my purpose here on earth. Thankfully today I woke up in a much better mood. I called off sick from work today and tomorrow because I need some real R&R (rest and relaxation) time. I am at that point in my life where I am asking what next? I have been out of school for two years now, work full time, travel a lot and currently single. Don't get me wrong I love the travel-I get to see so many different places and experience many different things. However, at the end of an assignment I come back to reality my home which is an empty apartment and can't help but wonder what is next for me? I guess I am at a cross roads in my life. However, I am not really despaired because I have been at this junction before. We all have dreams and expect our lives to go one way when the reality is that more often than not our lives turn out completely opposite-for the better anyway. I now realize that I have plans for my life but God's plans are always better. So when I come to a cross roads in my life I turn to God and ask for the strength, courage and guidance to follow his Will. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". It is with this scripture that I find solace and comfort in knowing that God is always there for me even when I am not there for myself. I will sign off here, till next time...........................................................

No comments: